ASHRAE membership is open to any person associated within the heating, ventilation, air conditioning or refrigeration (HVAC&R) industry. ASHRAE is unique because its membership is drawn from a wide range of disciplines relating to the HVAC&R field. Over 55,000 individuals from more than 100 nations belong to the Society.
What value will I get from membership?
As a member of ASHRAE, you will gain the following value:
1. You become part of the ASHRAE community – Your ASHRAE membership instantly connects you to over 55,000 of your peers and colleagues throughout the world. You will meet like-minded engineers who join together at the local, regional, and international levels both in-person and online. Each month, all over the world, ASHRAE chapters convene for an informational program featuring a speaker or topic that is key to professionals in the industry. Meet with your peers and share ideas.
2. You gain access to valuable Information – ASHRAE Members and Associates receive the ASHRAE Handbook each June as part of their membership package. In addition, new members receive a complimentary one-year subscription to the ASHRAE Handbook Online which provides instant access to all four volumes. Members also gain access to valuable information through:
- Discounts in the ASHRAE Bookstore
- ASHRAE Handbook
- Publications and Resources
- Standards, Research & Technology
- The ASHRAE Journal
- High Performance Buildings Magazine
3. You have opportunities to give back – Whether it is time or money, whether it is a little or a lot, there is always an opportunity at ASHRAE to give back and be part of the progress.
4. You grow personally and professionally – ASHRAE members are lifelong learners, and have endless resources to help accelerate their career through both personal and professional development:
- ASHRAE Learning Institute
- Online learning
- YEA Leadership Programs
- ASHRAE Jobs
- Become ASHRAE Certified
5. You receive discounts on publications and insurance – ASHRAE members earn 15% off publications. Hundreds of titles are available including the complete collection of ASHRAE Standards 90.1, 62.1 and 189.1. Various insurance products are available to ASHRAE members, through the Members’ Insurance Program. This quality collection of insurance products offers valuable coverage with options that can be tailored to fit your needs and budget.
6. You develop leadership skills – When you join ASHRAE, you are making an investment in yourself. When you become active in the Society by giving your time and sharing your knowledge, you get even more out of your investment.