Renew or Reinstate Membership

Former members can either rejoin as a new member online or via print application, or reinstate. Many former members want to keep their years of tenure, so they choose to reinstate with back dues. To reinstate your membership, you must contact ASHRAE staff. Each former member’s situation is different, so we want to offer the most suitable reinstatement option.

Contact the Member Contact Center at 800-527-4723 (US/Canada) and ask a representative about reinstating your membership. You can also send an email to, with the subject line of ‘Membership Reinstatement.’ If possible, include your former member number.